– Always apply a topcoat: This one is an unspoken rule when it comes to taking good care of your nail paint. Putting a top coat after your nail paint had dried will help it last longer and give your nails a glossy sheen. You must always invest in a clear tint for a topcoat that can be added to any and every type of nail polish.
– Use a hand cream: Hand creams essentially work like sunscreen. Using a hand cream twice a day will help in keeping your hands moisturised and your nails pampered. It also keeps your cuticles moisturised so that there is no problem with them drying and chipping off your skin.
– Paint the tips: Now, this one’s important. When you are applying polish to your nails, be sure to paint the tips to the very edge. This helps to cover the tips nicely in a coat of your nail paint so that they don’t overgrow the nail paint all too easily. Make sure you pay special attention to slathering a good coat or two on your entire nail beds including the tips.
– Use a base coat: It is as important to apply a base coat as it is to apply a topcoat. Using a base coat before you actually go in with your nail paint will help the polish to stick to your nails for a longer time. This in turn helps your nails to look pretty and nicely coloured for a long time without any chipped-off colour.
– Wear rubber gloves: If you are someone who has to do house chores on a daily basis, make sure to put on rubber gloves to protect your nails. The constant flow of water and the use of soap can end up taking the paint off your nails. Wearing rubber gloves will ensure the polish stays intact for a long time without your nails having to suffer.