“I have been practicing Aromatherapy for 3 decades now and know this for sure that essential oils not only work on your mind and soul, but at the same time can give excellent results for your skin if used correctly and in the right combination,” says Dr. Kochhar.
Here’s a look at some remedies shared by the beauty guru:
1. Make your toner at home by blending 10 drops of rose essential oil to 100 ml of rose water (for normal, dry, and sensitive skin) or witch hazel (for oily skin). Store in a dark bottle and use it to tone the skin every day.
2. Oily skin: Mix 2 drops of tea tree oil, 1 drop of lemon oil, and 1 tablespoon of jojoba oil. Take a few drops of this mixture and gently massage it into your skin. Apply a hot towel as a compress to your face for few minutes to aid penetration of the oil.
3. Dry skin: Mix 3 drops of Sandalwood oil, 1 drop of geranium oil, 1 tablespoon of almond oil, and 1 teaspoon of castor oil. Take a few drops and apply on your face and massage it in. You can use a hot compress and apply a moisturiser.
4. Face pack for Mature Skin: In a bowl, take 1 teaspoon milk powder, 1 tablespoon papaya pulp, 1 teaspoon honey, and 2 drops of geranium essential oil. Apply the pack evenly on your skin and rinse off with water after 15-20 minutes.
5. If you are having wrinkles and your skin is becoming loose then try jasmine essential oil. To improve the elasticity of the skin, use it for a facial massage. Add 2 drops of Jasmine essential oil with almond oil and massage gently. After massaging, place a hot towel over your face for oil to seep in better and relax further.
6. If you are tired of treating your acne and nothing has helped until now then tea tree essential oil is your magic potion. The antiviral and antiseptic properties in it treat all bacterial and fungal skin concerns. For chronic acne, apply 1 drop of tea tree essential oil directly on the affected area pimples.
7. Sandalwood oil is best for moisturising and purifies your skin. This essential oil can be used for dry skin facial massages. For facial massage add 2 drops of it with almond oil and massage gently. It can also be added to facial water. After massaging with this place a hot towel over your face for oil to seep in better and relax further.
8. Neroli essential oil is excellent for rejuvenating mature dry skin. Use it for facial massage by adding 2 drops of it with almond oil and massage gently.
9. Lavender essential oil is excellent for burns and cuts. In case you have any burn marks or scars no matter how old they are, massage that area with lavender oil for at least 5-10 minutes daily and see the difference.
10. Patchouli essential oil is beneficial in treating acne scars. Use it in your CTOM routine after cleansing and toning, mix 1 drop of patchouli with water and apply to the affected area.