The 70-second plank is a two-in-one plank. It works on your abs, obliques and lower back, the places where the fat retention usually happens. Here is how you can do it:
To do the plank you have to perform two planks alternatively – forearm plank and side plank. Here are the steps to do the plank:
– Come on all fours in a forearm plank position. Start the stopwatch and hold the forearm plank for 10 seconds.
– Now do the side plank on your right for 10 seconds and then on your left for 10 seconds.
– Come back to the forearm plank for 10 seconds followed by 10-10 seconds of side plank on each side.
– Now spend the last 10 seconds doing the forearm plank and it’s done.
Wait! This is just one rep. To flatten your belly in a month, you need to do five such reps every day. If you are at an intermediate and advanced level, feel free to add five seconds to each hold.
The exercise will surely help you burn more calories than a regular plank, which means more weight loss.
Tips to ace the 70-second-plank
Doing an exercise is about engaging your particular body part. If not done in the right way, it’s of no use. The exercises do not involve any break and thus need to be performed cautiously. Here are the tips you need to keep in mind.
– Do not wear shoes for better grip
– Use a yoga mat
– Concentrate on your core area
– While doing a forearm plank, look down towards the floor and not ahead
– When you make a transition, do it slow and proper
– Do not keep your hips too low, while doing the forearm plank
– Do not hunch your shoulders